Oatmeal Chocolate Chip Cookies

My daughter made these cookies while I cooked dinner. It was a beautiful but cold afternoon, perfect for baking. These cookies are crunchy and not soft and chewy.


I asked her to refer to the King Arthur recipe.

You will need
1/4 cup unsalted butter at room temperature
1/2 cup each brown and regular sugar
1 egg
1 tsp. vanilla extract
3/4 cup rolled oats
1 cup whole wheat flour
1/2 tsp baking soda
1/2 tsp salt
1 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips

Preheat oven to 375 F. Beat the butter and sugar. Add the eggs and vanilla and beat again. Mix in the rest of the ingredients. Drop a tablespoon of batter an inch apart on a cookie sheet and bake for 12-15 minutes.


Enjoy!





Sending this recipe to the Valli's Kids's delight event for baked snacks hosted by PJ.





This is my entry for week three, day three of BM #60 for the theme Cookies. Check out the Blogging Marathon page for the other Blogging Marathoners doing BM#60.

Comments

  1. All time favorite cookies -- they turned out perfect.

    ReplyDelete
  2. If i make this cookies, i'll keep munching them, never get bored of this combo in cookies.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oatmeal choco chip cookie is favorite of my daughter.Very nicely prepared.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love these cookies. Instead of chocolate chips I go with raisins. I bet chocolate would have tasted great.

    ReplyDelete
  5. It's so not cr of shruthi to help you. They look good and I can imagine the mother daughter fun in the kitchen. 😄

    ReplyDelete
  6. never can say no to choco chips :) look good ! great of ur daughter to bake these for u...

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Please leave a comment. I would love to hear from you.