Breakfast Potatoes

Potatoes are served as part of a good, filling well balanced breakfast all over the world whether it is in the form of hash browns, roasted potatoes or potato paratha. I have wanted to make roasted potatoes for a while now. My daughter loves potatoes in any form or shape and I knew she would love this version. She is on winter break so I wanted her to have an elaborate breakfast, something that does not happen often in the rush to make it to school on time. She wolfed everything down very quickly which was a pleasure to watch.


You can add additional spices if you like the potatoes spicy. We liked them with salt, black pepper and a little cayenne pepper.

You will need
1 large Russet potato
1/4 large red onion
1/4 red bell pepper
1 tbsp olive oil
1 tsp. cayenne pepper
salt and pepper to taste

Preheat oven to 425 F. Wash, peel and chop the potatoes into one inch chunks. Chop the onions and the red bell pepper. In a mixing bowl mix the the vegetables with the remaining ingredients.


Transfer to a baking sheet and bake for 20-30 minutes turning over once or twice.


The potatoes should brown but not burn.
 

Enjoy them hot with other breakfast staples!


Comments

  1. I remember your daughter's love for potatoes and how you managed to include potatoes in each international meal you prepared back in Sept. I guess one can't go wrong with potatoes as long as it is at least moderately spiced.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Am not a breakfast person,but if you serve me this i can have my breakfast anytime.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Interesting way to serve potatoes!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I enjoyed your different take with potatoes..this is yet another one to try!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Even I love potatoes..any time any form..and Varada the pics are beautiful...love them.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Very nicely made . I like your clicks , so neat !

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wow, Varada that is one hearty and filling breakfast. Love those roasted potatoes.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Please leave a comment. I would love to hear from you.